It can take a lot of quality pinning, or a lot of luck, to go viral on Pinterest, but you can increase the likelihood of your pins going viral by following these simple steps:
1) Name your boards something simple and most likely to be searched.
- Example: Name your board “Healthy Lunches” rather than “Yummy and Healthy Lunches.”
2) Categorize all boards correctly.
- Note: Always avoid categorizing under ‘Other.’
3) Give each board a good description.
- One full sentence recommended for board descriptions.
4) Add informative pin descriptions for all pins.
- Use keywords that are likely to be searched, like “Healthy,” “Vegan,” “Easy,” or “Gluten Free” for recipe pins and “DIY,” “Hack,” or “How To” for homemade projects.
5) Repeat words in your pin description from the board it’s going to.
- For pins going on your ‘Healthy Lunches’ board, try and include the words “Healthy” or “Lunches” in some of those pin descriptions too, without it being too noticeable.
6. Always pin into the correct board category.
- Example: Avoid pinning a recipe onto your travel board.
7. Verify your website URL.
- This gives your profile, hence your pins, a better ranking because it shows that your URL is a verified source.
8. Share pins daily.
- Regularly pinning quality content makes your pins show up higher in Pinterest search results. I recommend sharing 15-25 pins throughout each day.
Can you think of other ways to make your pins go viral? Comment below! Read How to Completely Optimize Your Pinterest Profile and 10 Boards All Brands on Pinterest Should Have for even more Pinterest tips and examples!
Have questions about how you can optimize your content for Pinterest, increase your following, or improve your Pinterest account? Contact us at email@example.com!
Learn more about HelloSociety Pinterest marketing agency: